Monday, August 8, 2011

What I've been up to

I recently got back from the Higher Ground Music Festival! It was lots of fun!  Unfortunately the only pics I got were of the artists :(  my good friend Angela came along and that just made it 10x more fun! We saw lots of bands and singers including: Jeremy Camp, MercyMe, Kutless, Matthew West, Group 1 Crew, and lots more! For Kutless Angela and I got right up front on the railing!!!  I was sad thought because I didn't get my favorite song on video because my camera died :(

It was really hot the whole weekend and it was really hard because we had no electricity most of the time.  But the last few days we had just enough electricity to run one or two fans.  It only stormed once, right in the middle of the Matthew West concert! Angela and I were up front and all the sudden it started pouring!  We were frantically running back to get the chairs and get out of there! I thought my mom was back at the chairs but when we got there she wasn't there.  Thats when I started getting scared.  I thought she was still in the front looking for us.  Angela kept saying "come on! We have to go!" It was crazy because there were so many people running around and it was storming so badly, so finally we got to shelter, and my mom eventually came in.  She had been back at the camper packing everything up for the storm. Everyone was fine but it was really wet.  The rest of the night was fun, we got ice cream and t-shirts, then found a spot for Mercy Me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun!

    That's so weird- it started raining at Soulfest (the Christian music festival I was at) last weekend too, also right in the middle of a concert (Jars of Clay)!!! I was *soaking* wet... :)

    Blessings
    xoxo Miss ALK

    ReplyDelete